Thursday, June 30, 2011

Changing the Radius of a 5" Alloy Rear Fender, The Irish Way.

  Here was the shape it started with  


Okay here is my Dad's Old Sash Window Clamp. He was an Old School Carpenter, Joiner and Cabinet Maker. I think he would find this cool as he was always a man who admired ingenuity ;-)

B4s and Rubber Mallet just in case anyone starts getting out of shape ;-) more about the 2B4's later
 2
 I will be getting rid of the rust and saving this fabulous invention

 The Rim and the Clamp seem to be made for each other. If I went to far I can use the two 2B4's and squeeze it back to open the radius again

This will all be cleaned up with a file and get some dome nuts

I will turn a spacer on the lathe for here

I am fairly happy with that, there is enough room for chain tensioning without changing the fender mounts. I Just need to bend the Fender Stay now and move on to Battery Box and License Plate Holder.

1 comment:

62 Ironhead said...

Looking good Brian....good irish ingenuity