Sunday, October 17, 2010

1975 XLCH 1000 Sportster

Here's me collecting the 1975 XLCH 1000 Sportster from its old home. A guy bought it and was going to go with a Billy Bike theme but run out of gumption. Got it for a very good price though, the only good thing about a recession is these stalled projects get to move to new homes and hopefully get back on the road




In The Workshop
Photobucket
Getting in through the House !!! I'm glad it will have a bolt on hardtail for getting it out. Note the Wideglide Front end
Photobucket
The door will have to come off!!
Photobucket
This is how it look except for there was a quickbob tank. This bike was imported into Ireland from NY in 1990. I just can stand the "lets try and make a Sportster into a Big Twin. BS" Sportster's a Sportster Revel In It.
Photobucket
Box of Goodies, That's a nearly new S&S Super E + Air Filter
All that chrome is Knackered pitted and rusted so a lot of the bike will be painted.
Photobucket
First mock-up, I have bought a V-Twin Bolt on hardtail and am waiting for it to arrive. meanwhile, got gasket set as can have a good look inside. I tried the old school compression test!! Get it on top dead center and stand on the kick start if it holds you up for 4-5 secs or so the compression is okay. It held me up for 6 secs but then I am not that heavy ;-)I am hoping not to have to disturb the bottom end

No comments: